The R&S®ZVA series are high-end VNAs with up to four sources for sophisticated measurements up to 110 GHz. They are an ideal choice for demanding measurements on active and passive components and modules, which require high performance and wide versatility. The frequency range of the high-frequency models can be extended up to 500 GHz.
The R&S®ZVA contains one source for each pair of ports (67 GHz has one source per port). A special switch arrangement allows parallel signal output, i. e. signals can be output to the DUT via all ports at the same time. In addition, direct generator and receiver access is provided optionally. This concept offers many advantages with regard to measurement speed and functionality.
The above design features make the R&S®ZVA an analyzer of unprecedented performance and functionality, which is especially true for the four-port model. Following are a few highlights:
- Use of the second source as an LO for fast mixer measurements
- Generation of a swept two-tone signal for fast intermodulation measurements versus frequency or power
- True differential measurements on balanced DUTs
- Parallel signal output and measurement at the test ports for measuring two or more DUTs simultaneously.
- Direct generator / receiver access (option) enabling the following, for example:
- Loop-in of preamplifiers into generator paths
- Loop-in of attenuators into the receiver paths
- Connection of external test setups, e.g. power amplifiers, or use of analyzer as a multichannel receiver, e.g. for antenna measurements