The R&S®ZVA series is an ideal choice for demanding measurements in the lab and in production – from filter measurements requiring maximum dynamic range to linear and nonlinear measurements on amplifiers and mixers as well as on receivers and transceivers.
The R&S®ZVA has set milestones for the most challenging applications:
- First VNA with four internal sources up to 67 GHz for fast two-tone measurements on amplifiers and mixers
- First VNA up to 67 GHz that generates phase-coherent signals
- First VNA with IF bandwidths up to 30 MHz for pulsed measurements on amplifiers and mixers up to 110 GHz
The R&S®ZVA contains one source per each pair of ports. In addition four source models are available for R&S®ZVA24 and R&S®ZVA40. TheR&S®ZVA67 has one source per port. A special switch arrangement allows parallel signal output, i. e. signals can be output to the DUT via all ports at the same time. In addition, direct generator and receiver access is provided optionally. This concept offers many advantages with regard to measurement speed and functionality.
The above design features make the R&S®ZVA an analyzer of unprecedented performance and functionality, which is especially true for the four-port model. Following are a few highlights:
- Use of the second source as an LO for fast mixer measurements
- Generation of a swept two-tone signal for fast intermodulation measurements versus frequency or power
- True differential measurements on balanced DUTs
- Parallel signal output and measurement at the test ports for measuring two or more DUTs simultaneously.
- Direct generator / receiver access (option) enabling the following, for example:
- Loop-in of preamplifiers into generator paths
- Loop-in of attenuators into the receiver paths
- Connection of external test setups, e.g. power amplifiers, or use of analyzer as a multichannel receiver, e.g. for antenna measurements