Car2Car / V2V Communications
As automated driving becomes increasingly prevalent, car2car/V2V communications will supplement radar technology. It is based on WLAN standard 802.11p and, in the future, will allow vehicles to communicate with one another as well as with the road infrastructure. Rohde & Schwarz offers solutions for generating and analyzing signals in line with IEEE 802.11p as well as test systems for automatic verification of modules.
Signal Generation and Fading
R&S®SMW200A Vector Signal Generator
- Frequency Range from 100 kHz to 3 GHz or 6 GHz
- Second independent RF path optional
- Standard-compliant generation of all digital wireless communications standards including signals in line with IEEE 802.11p
- Fading option for simulating Doppler shifts and superposition of multipath propagation
R&S®FSV Signal and Spectrum Analyzer
- Frequency range from 10 Hz to 4/7/13.6/30/40 GHz, extendible to 500 GHz (R&S®FSV30/40)
- Standard-compliant analysis of all digital wireless communications standards including signals in line with IEEE 802.11p
- Predefined frequency masks for verification in line with ETSI/FCC
Automated RF Conformance Test System in line with IEEE 802.11p
R&S®TS-ITS100 RF Conformance Test System
- Complete coverage of worldwide regulatory test requirements (e.g. ETSI EN 302571)
- Complete coverage of industry performance tests including fading
- Fully automated test system for test runs without manual interaction
For several years, automobile makers and government agencies have sought ways to improve safety on roadways and effectively manage traffic flow. As wireless communication systems are advancing, the vision of automobiles talking to each other and to roadside units is becoming a reality. These planned automotive wireless communication systems are known as ITS (Intelligent Transportation System). This paper will provide an overview of the current status of the ITS worldwide with a focus on the IEEE 802.11p PHY. Additionally, the paper provides information on test and measurement solutions for devices and components used in ITS.
Your request was successfully sent!
We will get in touch with you soon.
Your Rohde & Schwarz Team